3D Character Animator
BioMojo is an independent company that creates extended reality (XR) software and hardware solutions to improve human performance, decision-making, knowledge management, resilience, and mission-critical task execution for the complex, high-risk, mission critical environments we serve. BioMojo integrates advancements in spatial computing, computational biology, wearable sensors, data analytics and A.I. to produce solutions that increase the speed, safety and efficiency of human operators. In this role, you will be a key member of our team solving real-world problems related to creating virtual human avatars and simulation training content for healthcare providers. Candidates must be U.S. citizens and all work must be performed in the USA. Candidates selected will be subject to a background check. Multiple positions available, both full and part time, on site in North Carolina and remote.
As a 3D Character Animator, you will create life-like character animations using traditional key frame and motion capture techniques. You will support a digital art team focused on photorealistic immersive content for delivery across multiple platforms. You know how to reveal attitude, emotions, and mood through a character's movement and behavior. You will focus on technical setup, integration, and performance optimization of animation assets within the Unity engine. Your knowledge and expertise will enhance our team’s capabilities each day while also serving as a subject matter expert in techniques, methods, and best practices.
- This is not an entry level position. Position requires at least three (3) years working in production for simulation and/or game development with two or more shipped projects.
- Applications without an online portfolio will not be reviewed
- Salary: DOE | Full-time: $55,000 - $80,000/year
- Relocation: Yes
- Remote: Possible
Required professional skills and experience:
- Must have three (3) years professional work experience as a 3D Character Animator in a production environment
- Proven ability to integrate and maintain digital assets, pipelines, and processes
- Proven ability to achieve daily quotas with regards to shot output and addressing notes
- Strong communication, presentation, and follow-up skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Outstanding problem-solving skills regarding creative, technical and production issues
- Able to take direction and work independently while still being an effective team player
- Experience using Perforce for source control and JIRA for task management
- Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder. Background check required.
Required skills as a 3D Character Animator
- Highly proficient with all character parameters in the Unity game engine
- Proficient knowledge of 3D modeling low and high-poly assets and texturing
- Proven understanding of facial anatomy with at least 2 years’ experience in facial modeling
- Strong background in facial rigging and integration of motion capture data
- Portfolio must include examples of facial animation with an emphasis on lip sync, performance, and emotions.
- Production experience with deformers, constraints, hierarchies, utility nodes, expressions, hair & cloth, muscle/skin, weighting, and dynamics
- Thorough knowledge of weighting and skinning
- Able to evaluate and troubleshoot assets, look for bugs and add polish where possible
- Software experience: Maya, MotionBuilder, Zbrush/Mudbox and Photoshop in a production environment
- A solid understanding of lighting, perspective, and color theory
- You are a Certified Medical Illustrator (CMI)
- BFA (or higher)
- Proficiency using SALSA LipSync Suite in Unity
- Experience with MetaHuman Creator, Character Creator 3, Human Generator
- Solid understanding of the human form, proportions, and biomechanics
- Basic understanding of lighting and look development
- Traditional human sculpture, drawing or painting skills
- Experience producing content for the HoloLens 2
Apply directly VIA LinkedIn using this link.