Custom XR Application Development for HoloLens 2 and IVAS
System Integration: XR + IoT + A.I.
BioMojo has been delivering cutting edge software applications and integrated solutions to U.S. federal agencies and universities since 2015. We stand ready to use our design innovation, deep technical expertise and creative staff to design, develop and deliver your mission-critical applications and systems integrated solutions.
We specialize in understanding how to apply augmented reality, mixed reality and spatial computing technologies to our clients’ unique organizational challenges. We also leverage the IoT sensor ecosystem and A.I. to collect unprecedented real-time data streams. This data is rapidly analyzed using mobile computing to drive decision support tools for human operators. We are uniquely qualified to leverage our expertise for organizations seeking to innovate in this exciting space. Some important terminology:
- XR: The umbrella category that covers all the various forms of computer-altered reality, including: Augmented Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (MR), and Virtual Reality (VR)
- VR: Virtual reality (VR) is a simulated experience that can be similar to or completely different from the real world.
- AR: Technology that superimposes a computer-generated image on a user’s view of the real world, thus providing a composite view. Inputs range from sound to video, to graphics to GPS overlays and more—in digital content which responds in real time to changes in the user’s environment, typically movement.
- MR: The merging of real and virtual worlds to produce new environments and visualizations, where physical and digital objects co-exist and interact in real time. Mixed reality does not exclusively take place in either the physical or virtual world but is a hybrid of reality and virtual reality.
- Spatial Computing: Uses the 3D space around users as the canvas for a user interface. User gestures and voices are the controllers.
- IoT: the interconnection via the Internet of computing devices embedded in everyday objects, enabling them to send and receive data.
The U.S. military calls its special version of the HoloLens 2 “IVAS,” which stands for Integrated Visual Augmentation System. BioMojo is currently contracted to perform custom XR software development and systems integration for the U.S. Army.
If you are interested in working with BioMojo to develop custom solutions, please contact us.